Connect with us

Uncategorized

Ryan Lochte Banned Until July 2019

Ryan Lochte was banned for 10 months following him receiving an intravenous injection and posting a picture of it in May.

Published

on

Well, Ryan Lochte has done it again. And by “it” I mean he managed to get himself suspended again. This time for 14 months after he posted a picture of himself getting an intravenous injection back in May. Something that is banned under anti-doping rules.

As we all likely remember, Lochte got himself banned for 10 months thanks to his ridiculous drunken behavior during the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympics. What exactly led to this latest suspension being 4 months longer is still unclear. But it may be as simple as it is his second infraction. And sadly for Lochte, this suspension means he will not be able to compete in the national championship in California that starts later this week.

The U.S. Anti-Doping Agency made sure to clarify that Lochte was not taking a banned substance in the photo. And that simply getting any intravenous injection whatsoever is against the rules.  

“I have never taken a prohibitive substance, Lochte said in a statement he gave on Monday in Florida. “I have never attempted to gain any advantage by putting anything illegal in my body. I would never do that; this is very serious to me. Unfortunately, while the rule is a newer rule and is not widely known as others, I should know better.”

Despite the frustrating mistake by Lochte, it’s worth noting how he’s handling it so far. When news first broke of his drunken behavior in Brazil, Lochte spun as many lies as he could in an attempt to avoid any punishment. And it just made the situation so much worse for him.

But Lochte really seems to be owning up to his mistake here. He’s not trying to lie his way out or point the finger and anyone but himself. And that’s a step in the right direction for the previously foolish young man. It was just a simple case of him being unaware of the rule and making his infraction very public by posting a photo.

In an official statement by the USADA, they said that “Lochte received an intravenous infusion of permitted substances at an infusion clinic.” And because this was not a pre-approved procedure by the USADA, and because it was unrelated to any hospitalization, it was ruled an infraction. The USADA also made sure to mention that Lochte “fully cooperated” throughout the investigation.

But despite all that, this could really hurt Lochte moving forward. He already had a damaged reputation, and this will only make it worse. Not to mention the four events he was set to compete in at the national championships. The ban will surely hurt his standing among his competitors and his chance and any championships or medals in the near future.

“This is devastating for my family and me, and I was finally back in top shape,” Lochte continued in his statement. “I know it sounds like a harsh penalty for something unintentional and where I didn’t put anything prohibitive in my body, but a rule is a rule and I accept that there is a technical violation in that I’ll have to accept the consequences.”

But at least Lochte is confident he is far from done. “I may be on the sideline from competition, but I’ll continue to train every day. I want nothing more than to earn the privilege to swim for my country in my fifth Olympic Games in Tokyo 2020.”

One thing’s for sure, that will be quite the story if he manages to make it to Tokyo.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Featured

Louisiana State University Fans Expected To Be The Majority In The CFP Crowd In New Orleans

  

Published

on





Based on data by VividSeats, the crowd will be overruled by mostly purple and blue at the CFP championship held at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans.

This forecast is backed by a series of data points that include the location of ticket buyers. Also, the expected amount of LSU fans is anticipated to get higher as prices start to decrease. 

 

 

Meanwhile, the Clemson fans are also expected to turn out as their fan base is quite similar to the travel associated with a championship game. 

According to SeatGeek and StubHub, online ticket marketplaces indicate that average prices have begun to fall after the CFP semifinals between LSU and Oklahoma, Clemson, and Ohio State which happened Peach Bowl and Fiesta Bowl. 

 

It’s going down 

As of January 2, 2020, the average selling price of a get-in ticket on Stubhub is at $1,972, while their cheapest ticket is at $981. On that data alone, 34% of all CFP ticket-buyers on StubHub were located in Louisiana. Ticket-buyers on Texas, on the other hand, came up the second largest with 16% as South Carolina came in third with 6%.

Based on another data from Seatgeek from December 30, 2019, with a minimum price of tickets at $2,174 and a get-ticket is at $1,191. 24% of the sold tickets are hailing from Louisiana, 17% in Texas, 9% in Georgia, 8% in South Carolina, and 6% in North Carolina. 

Ticket prices feel to about $2,300 by New Year’s Eve, and as of January 8, 2020, the prices reached its lowest point at an average of $2,000 with a get-in rate under a thousand dollars for the first time. 

Regardless of the plummeting ticket prices, the game is likely to be one of the most expensive title games. 

The College Football Playoff Championship Game starts at 7 p.m. on January 13, 2020. 


Continue Reading

Featured

Larry David Was Not Taken Seriously After He Advices New York Jets Manager To Draft Lamar Jackson

  

Published

on





Larry David, an entertainment icon graced The Michael Kay Show for a quick chat about the state of New York sports. During the interview, David shared a couple of exciting ideas and experiences. 

Amid the most notable takeaways from his interview is when he claimed that he called Mike Maccagnan, General Manager of New York Jets back in 2018 to tell him that he should draft Lamar Jackson. According to David, the suggestion wasn’t taken seriously and was laughed off. 

Who Knew He Would Be A Breakout Star?

Today, Maccaganan has been jobless since last May as the Jets just took their fourth straight losing season. Wonder how things would be if Maccagnan just took David’s advice? Nonetheless, things happen for a reason. 

Initially, Lamar Jackson is now a clear favorite to win the NFL MVP after leading the Baltimore Ravens to a winning streak. 

Also, David even shared that he told Mike Tannenbaum, former Jets General Manager, to draft Reggie Bush. 

At the end of the day, all Larry David wants is what’s best for his hometown football league. So, if there are cases in any way that Larry David gives you advice—take it! 


Continue Reading

Uncategorized

Canelo Signs Ridiculous $365M Deal With DAZN

Streaming service DAZN just signed the biggest name in boxing, Canelo Alvarez, to an eye-popping five-year deal worth $365 million. 

Published

on

By

The future of boxing was in question a few weeks ago when cable powerhouse HBO announced they would no longer be broadcasting fights. But now, thanks to up and coming streaming service DAZN, it looks like their future might be as bright as ever.

Canelo Alvarez, the middleweight world champion and possibly the biggest star in the boxing world just signed a 5-year, 11-fight deal worth a ridiculous $365 million. It is the richest deal in the history of sports, with Giancarlo Stanton’s 13-year, $325 million deal with the New York Yankees coming in second. And when you remember that DAZN has only been around since September, it’s especially mind-boggling.

Alvarez’ first fight under the groundbreaking deal will come on December 15 in his first fight in the super middleweight division when he faces Rocky Fielding at Madison Square Garden. Oscar De La Hoya, who’s company Golden Boy Promotions represents Alvarez, said that “Canelo is the highest-paid athlete in the world. He’s extremely happy.” I should hope so!

“This is only from my hard work,” Alvarez said in a quick interview with ESPN after the deal was announced. “The most important thing to me was being able to give the fans the opportunity to see me fight without having to pay the $70 or $80 for my fights on pay-per-view. That was the most important thing, more important than what I am making.

“It’s very important for me to give the fans the biggest fights and the most important fights, and I promise you I will always do that. The December fight with Fielding is a dangerous fight. I am moving up in weight, and I don’t know how my body will feel. But I always want to take on challenges, and I am very happy my fans will be able to see me fight for a small cost.”

And the deal is more clever than you may think as far as DAZN is concerned. It also gives them the rights to over 7,000 hours of Golden Boy fights. Which includes every single fight of De La Hoya’s career. And playing some classic boxing matches can surely help them build an audience and gain viewers. Golden Boy will also help DAZN by producing other segments to air along with live events. A mutually beneficial partnership for sure.

Continue Reading

Trending